OPF70, LA Ash’s CFB fly ash brand is a product of coke combustion. OPF70 is unmodified circulating fluidized bed combustion deposit consisting primarily of calcium oxide (CaO) and calcium sulfate (CaSO4). The OPF70’s lime content combined with its small particle size and high surface area makes the product self-cementing when hydrated.
OPF70 (commonly known as fly ash) can be used in multiple applications ranging from waste neutralization to road stabilization. OPF70 can be easily handled with pneumatic trailers or LA Ash’s specially fitted end dump trailers.
- Excellent for stabilization / solidification
- Excellent liquid sorption properties
- 22 to 28% free (available) lime (CaO)
- High total CaO
- High demand for water of hydration
- Acid neutralization capabilities
- Sorption and reactivity enhanced by fineness and surface area
- TCLP metal concentrations are well below limits
Do not mix OPF70 with any other chemicals or byproducts, including but not limited to Cement Kiln Dust (CKD), portland cement or lime, due to certain chemical reactions and/or swell potentials.